Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A timestamped day...

5:45: Wake up to my alarm clock (iPhone) playing so softly that I jolt awake and wonder how long it's been going off

5:52: My husband comes in the bathroom, kisses me good morning and asks how I slept.  It's a brief, but thoughtful conversation, that makes me smile.

6:08: Decide I better get a move on and quickly finish my make up

6:13: Wake Bella up, get her dressed and brush her teeth

6:20:  Wake the other sleeping darling, who isn't quite so darling this morning

6:51: Back out of the driveway (only 6 minutes behind schedule) for the first and only time today!

7:08-7:58: Sit in traffic entirely too long to go approximately 13 miles

8:10: Deliver a wedding present to a friend, only four months late (still within the acceptable 6 month range) and hope that she finds it as personal and special as I do

8:25: Have a meeting about a student who needs a little more encouragement to get on track...AKA What else can I do to help?

The rest of the school day goes by in a blur...

3:45: Sit through a meeting that sounds like it will change the course of my professional life in the next two years, but only offers a few concrete answers for the immediate future; welcome to education

5:38: Finally get to my girls

5:57: Have a conversation with Bella about what we should have for dinner.  She says pizza...again...I convince her to have breakfast, complete with french toast

6:03: Open the door and am greeted immediately by the stench of dog poop...watch my dog step in it and trek it through the house

6:04: Put the dogs outside and pray that Maggie doesn't escape...again

6:06: Walk to the foyer and discover dried dog pee on the floor...this night just keeps getting better!

6:06: Clean up the dog poop, clean the carpet, but decide to leave the dried pee until the girls are eating

6:10: The doorbell rings...the kids next door have found my "missing" dog...Bella climbs over the gate in the playroom!

6:15: Angry with myself for talking Bella into a different dinner when there are perfectly edible leftovers in the refrigerator, I begin cooking dinner

6:32:  We sit down to eat, everyone asks for seconds, and for a short while, life is good.

6:58: I decide to steam the floors (this is better to get done now so that I can "relax" after the girls go to sleep)

7:04: Decide that blogging is waaaaaaaay more important than a bath right now.

7:20: Sophia sits in front of the television and watches "Tangled"...and I don't feel an inkling of regret!

7:30:  Bella starts singing a song with Rapunzel...not the fun, dancing around, up beat one, but the slow one "And at last I see the light..." and I realize I'm in deep trouble.  She's seen this far too many times!

The night will continue with bath and bed for the girls, probably some dishes and laundry for me.  And maybe a little reading (I'm only 1/3 into my book club book that is due on Friday during lunch.)  Now, if I could just get something done around here...

Looks like grading papers will have to wait, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment