Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Teachable Moments...

Today, I have come to the following realizations...


  1. McDonalds for dinner on Wednesday nights (meeting day) may be even better than my CrockPot dinners (I can't believe I just wrote that down...)
  2. I thoroughly enjoy, in a manner I cannot fully explain, thiefing the french fries from my daughters' Happy Meals and eating them on the sly.
  3. We are in serious trouble; my children ate six chicken nuggets each tonight (yes, even Sophia (not even 18 months)), apples, and two servings of macaroni and cheese.
  4. It is ALWAYS possible to take the high road/do the right thing/make a smart choice.  In today's technological age it may seem impossible, but walk away for five minutes or five hours.  The e-mail will still be there but your response will be well thought out, more articulate, and less offense (even if the person deserves every ounce of abrasive verbal diarrhea you can hurl their way).
  5. I still have not sent out Christmas thank you cards...
  6. Going to bed before 9:00 does not make you a bad person, but forcing yourself to stay awake actually may.
  7. It's not always easy to stick to your guns and hold your ground, but it is ALWAYS rewarding.
  8. I'm fortunate to have friends to text at 7 am like it's 2:00 in the afternoon.  
  9. Life is fragile.
  10. One encouraging text from my husband can change my entire mood for the duration of the day.
  11. Coming home to a clean house is worth every penny.
  12. I LOVE Pandora.
  13. TLC is beginning to disappoint me on a weekly basis.
  14. I am so over Michelle Obama's bangs, dress, and designer.  CNN is supposed to report NEWS!
  15. My husband is convinced that my daughters and I have already aligned our "cycles"!  lmao  After the above mentioned eating spree and Sophia waking up at 4 in the morning asking for "milk", "snack", "eat" we determined it was a growth spurt...until he remembered we went through the same thing four weeks ago...I'm afraid there may be some truth to this.
That is all...

No comments:

Post a Comment