Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Chris Ennest DO NOT read this!

I found an outlet for all of my food creation pictures!  So, here's tonight's finest...

After I finished this, it dawned on me that I haven't made this in at least three years!  It used to be a staple in our house...where the heck did the time go?  It's one of those dishes that I make and keep in the fridge during the week.  It never goes to waste and there's always something healthy to eat for a snack or for lunch (one of the most difficult meals for me when I'm home).  Despite the fact that I set the smoke alarm off three times while I "grilled" the vegetables (I was using my new grill pan for the stove for the first time, don't judge) I would call it a success!  (Even more so because neither of my kids cried when it happened!)  Here you go...

  • grill your favorite vegetables (I used squash, zucchini, mushrooms, red and green peppers); season them with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and basil to taste; if you use the indoor grill don't heat it up too high with the oil...thus the smoke alarm incident!  
  • cut the vegetables into 1 inch pieces and put into a large bowl
  • cook a box of your favorite pasta (I like the Barilla Plus Pene for extra protein) drain, add to bowl
  • pull a rotisserie chicken (or grill your own, but I'm all about convenience!!!!), add to bowl
  • add balsamic vinegar (probably about 1/3 of a cup- but I don't measure, start small) and olive oil (maybe 2 T?), salt, pepper, garlic and basil, mix well.  
Serve chilled or at room temp.

No comments:

Post a Comment