Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Chaotic Bliss

Some days I think I get lost in the chaos.  And by lost, what I really mean is, sucked in.  It's very easy in my day to day life to get consumed by the struggles, the difficult things, the challenges.  Today I'm refusing to focus on those things (there are ALWAYS challenges; tantrums, sleep deprivation, illness, you name it).  Today, my kids made me proud, they made me smile, and they made my day a bit brighter.

Bella said, "Mommy, thank you for buying me those crayons."  Unprompted....99 cents worth of toddler joy.

We colored a picture together for Jason.  And Sophia actually colored on the paper!
I handed Bella some popcorn tonight as a little treat and she said, "Thank you for popping popcorn, Mommy!"  Her unpromped manners amaze me.  And make me so proud of her.

Blowing pretend bubbles (with construction paper) with Bella and watching her "catch" them with her mouth!  

Sophia's completely fearless approach to walking.


Yes, she was moving the chair around the house to stand on it in different locations!!!


Bella's fashion sense!  :0)

 Sophia did the Hot Dog Dance!

Bella's imagination.



Sophia still doesn't say "Momma" but she says "Minnie" and "Maggie"...I see where I rank!  

Bella and Sophia played catch with a stuffed animal...I listened as Bella explained what to do and kind of chuckled.  But then I was beside myself when Sophia actually did it...several times!

We played with some great friends today at a fun new place...my kids like trains!!!



Bella asked me how to spell the girl's name on the "On Demand" channel...I wish I knew her name so that I could tell her.  She didn't care.  She just asked me how to spell 10 other things instead.

Bella wrote "D-A-D" in chalk.

Maggie kissed Sophia on the face (I didn't even cringe) and Sophia squealed in delight!

Sophia chased Bella around the kitchen today, both laughing hysterically!

Bella was almost beside herself with joy at the sticker she received for having a good night's sleep!  It's the little things.

Both girls slept until 7:00! (I almost had the coffee made before they woke up!)

 On a day that was also marked with last minute work details, organizing, dishes, and random other chaos...a million little memories were made.

No comments:

Post a Comment